Monday, June 22, 2015

Dream Big!

I'm extremely happy about this week's TPT challenge. The awesome ladies that put this seller challenge together have asked us to share what we want to get out of being a TPT seller. This is my list, in short. 


CAR: I recently purchased a new Jeep Compass a few months ago. I have never 100% owned a car, and would love to start off with this one. It's been a great vehicle so far, and I hope it lasts me a long time!

HOUSE: My original intention in my TPT endeavor was to save for a house. I've been in an apartment for two years, and it is driving me NUTS. I love not having to pay for maintenance or little things that can go wrong, but having a house has always been one of my biggest dreams. Unfortunately, I've had to put off saving for a house because of my last TPT dream. 

NIKO: My dog, Niko, was diagnosed with epilepsy in May 2014. He had a couple of really bad seizures in May and June but didn't have any for a good 6 months. Then, in December he all of a sudden started having episodes of cluster seizures, so he would have 2-3 within a few minutes. In the last 6 months he has had upwards of 30-40 seizures. If he has a cluster of more than 3 within 24 hours it is deemed an emergency. Well, we've had 3 ER visits since February, and let me tell you, they are NOT cheap. Needless to say, this whole situation has been a bit of a financial burden for me. Niko is only 2 1/2, so I expect things like this to be happening for many years to come. It is both emotionally and financially draining, but I love my dog like a child, so I would do anything for him. I hope that my earnings from TPT will help me offset the expensive costs of vet and ER visits so that I can save for my other dreams as well. 


I have already experienced a lot of success since starting this challenge, and I can't wait to see what the next few weeks hold for me!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! I hope things improve for him.

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dog is such a cutie! I am a mom to two fur babies, so I completely understand being willing to do whatever it takes to keep them healthy. Can he take medication for his seizures? My husband's parents' dog has medication for his. He has to take it two times a day, but I am not sure what it is called.
    Beth

    Adventures of a Schoolmarm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think he's quite cute myself. He has been on Phenobarbital for the last year and just started a new med called Potassium Bromide after his last episode. A lot of it is trial and error trying to find the right medication dosages and combinations to better maintain the seizures.

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about your fur baby As a fur mommy, my heart is breaking for you! I will pray for that sweet little guy! Also, have you talked to your vet about the possibility of it being his diet that is causing seizures? I am sure you have exhausted about a million options but my moms dog started to have seizures and the vet suggested feeding her healthy human food for a while to "reset" her system because sometimes dog foods can cause build up and blockage. Just a thought! Such a handsome guy, poor little thing!

    Jordan
    Ferrell in First

    ReplyDelete