Friday, June 26, 2015

Five for Friday


Alright, this is my first Five for Friday link up. I'm rather excited because I love talking about random things :) 


So I've had Gilmore Girls on my watch list on Netflix forever now. I've pushed it aside because it's a longer series, and I typically like the ones that I can watch quickly and remove from my list. For all my Type A people, you understand how important it is to have a list (even on Netflix) and getting through that list. I started about a week ago, and I'm almost done with season 2. Oh the joys of having summers off so that I can binge watch all the TV shows I've been slacking on. 



For the end of this week and into the weekend, I've been charged with watching my sister's dog, Logan. He isn't exactly a fan of my dog, Niko, because of his size and his playfulness. THANK goodness these two have played nicely for the last couple of days. I hope I can survive until Sunday. Two dogs certainly is a handful when you live on your own!


I've been meaning to replace my TPT store picture with a button. I'm so picky with certain things that I pushed it aside simply because I couldn't decide on the colors. I finally chose to stick with the colors that I will be using in my classroom this year: teal, yellow, and gray. I'm happy with the way it turned out for the time being. There's always room for improvement. 


Being a new blogger can be pretty difficult. I started in March but really didn't pick up the pace until the end of the year. All teachers know that things start to get a little crazy around April. I had my hand in so many things at school and was dealing with Niko's seizure episodes that I just couldn't keep up for awhile. To help alleviate that problem, I have downloaded free blogging covers that you can grab here. I already have some calendar pages but needed something cute to spruce it up. I'm hoping this will help keep me on the ball and be more diligent with posting regularly. 


Last, but not least, I've been enjoying the TpT Seller Challenge. Maybe a little too much. My beginning stats made me a little sad, but considering I haven't been in the TpT game for too long, I'm not too terribly upset now. I find myself almost going into overdrive because of the ideas and inspiration that I have been getting from it. My desk looks completely atrocious with the number of post-its that I have with the random ideas that I've come up with. I'm contemplating getting some sort of calendar or notebook to keep all of my ideas contained for a cleaner work space. It's been a fun journey so far. I've learned so much in such a short period of time, and I can't wait to see what the next couple of weeks hold!

Happy Friday, all!
- Holly

1 comment:

  1. Hi Holly, I am also guilty of binge watching Netflix. I LOVE Gilmore Girls. It is currently in the backgroung! I always thought it would be so fun to live in a town like that. I love your new button, super cute, and great color choices. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete