Saturday, July 11, 2015

TpT Seller Challenge Week 4: Follow Frenzy

It's finally time to wrap up the TpT seller challenge. I can't even begin to explain how thankful I am to have participated. I've had the opportunity to connect with so many teachers around the country, and I've learned so much along the way. So many teachers have inspired me to step it up and really hit the ground running with my TpT store. 

When I first started my TpT store, I didn't really have too many expectations. I thought it would be a fun way to earn some extra money by creating products that I had already planned to use in my classroom. In the beginning (only about 10 months ago), I didn't have an Instagram account just for my class/store, I didn't follow any blogs or have a class/store blog, and I didn't bother to connect with other teachers in the TpT community. In the last 4 weeks with the challenge, I have really stepped up with each of those and have enjoyed every part of it. I keep asking myself, "Why in the world didn't I do any of these things before?!" Teachers thrive from having community with others, sharing ideas, and inspiring and motivating others. 

This week's challenge is to share people who you connected with and/or blogs that have motivated and inspired you. I'll be honest. For the most part, I like to keep to myself when it comes to socializing online. I prefer to read what others have written and commented rather than doing it myself. With this challenge I have done more writing and commenting on others blog and Instagram posts than I thought I would. There have been way too many people that have motivated and inspired me that I couldn't possibly fit them all on the challenge template, so I thought I would just highlight several teacher bloggers that I have closely been following over the last 4 weeks. 



First of all, the ladies that created this challenge have been so fantastic. I hope I can one day meet them all because they have been so inspirational with what they have done through TpT as well as in their classrooms. I have taken something away from each of them from reading their blog posts each week. If you haven't already, check out the ladies at Teach Create Motivate, Peppy Zesty Teacherista, Third in Hollywood, and Sparkling in Second.

There are also several teachers that I found through the TpT Seller Challenge hashtag on Instagram. They are #TeacherMom and Chevron and Centers. I've enjoyed following their blogs and will continue to do so even though the challenge is over. 

I have so much more motivation from participating in the TpT Seller Challenge than I ever thought possible. I look forward to continuing to connect with other teachers and to get excited about the new school year that is just around the corner. I've secretly been planning and buying things pretty much since the first day of summer, but I'm even more excited now. I can't wait to start chapter 3 in my teaching career!!

No comments:

Post a Comment