Thursday, December 31, 2015

Confessions of a Teacher Part 2

It would appear that I failed to stick to my commitment as outlined in my last post. Y'all, this year is completely wearing me out. I have never been more tired and stressed out. Around Thanksgiving, I gained another student, making that 22 precious 5-6 year-olds. I love them so dearly, but any teacher will tell you that it can be incredibly difficult. It's been a process, as I have never had more than 20 before, but I think I'm managing as well as anyone can be expected to. On a lighter note, two days before winter break, I walked into my room to find this!!


This year is my third year to be in my classroom. Up until 2 weeks ago, my projector wasn't mounted. Let me tell you, it was a giant pain to not have it mounted. I resorted to having a shelf smack dab in the middle of my room to accommodate not having to roll my projector around on a cart. It was the best early Christmas present I could have asked for! My kids have loved being able to spread out more on my rug, and it's better for those who can't sit still for any amount of time to be able to lay down to listen to a story or watch a video. It has opened up so many other opportunities for a flexible classroom of so many kindergartners. 

Anyways, winter break has been a blissful week and a half full of rest, rest, and more rest. Oh yeah, and working my second job (which I enjoy!). I've been trying to catch up on getting everything perfect in my new apartment, while also trying to spruce up some of my TpT products. It's been some time since I changed some things up, and my 5 senses pack. It was one of the first products I created, so it seemed like the best place to start. Recently, I've been trying to stray away from Scrappin Doodles clipart. I used to love them, but they don't seem to be as wonderful as clipart art from other sellers, such as Melonheadz Illustrating, Educlips, Teaching in the Tongass, and Krista Wallden at Creative Clips. Their work brings new life to any outdated products. I wanted to show you a side-by-side view of the transformation of my product. Some things stayed similar, but every page was changed in some way, either through fonts or clipart. Old is on the left or top, new is on the right or bottom. Click on any picture to check out the pack in my TpT store.
















It's so refreshing to spruce something up to reflect the changes in your style and skills. I'm hoping to continue sprucing up many of my other very first products that I put in my store when I opened it last year. I hope you all have a wonderful new year full of new adventures. Best of luck to all of your TpT stores this year!

- Holly



No comments:

Post a Comment