Saturday, February 6, 2016

Five for Friday


Happy to be linking up with Doodle Bug Teaching for her weekly Five for Friday. It's been a hot minute since I last did it. I have some really great stuff for this one! 


I am elated that I went to the Spurs/Mavs game this evening with some of my favorite people. My roots in San Antonio, and my family bleed Silver and Black. I've followed the team for as long as I can remember. They embody everything that every team or group should be. When I watch them and think of their history, I can't help but get goosebumps. Buzzfeed posted an article 2 years ago (found here) that described the Spurs exactly as I see them, and I feel like so much of their team philosophy can go straight into how I manage my classroom. The quote below hangs in their locker room. It is a constant reminder that all the work you put in before, though it may not seem like it made a difference at the time, truly made the ultimate difference in the end. We need to constantly be striving to be and do our best, and even the littlest of things we do play a much bigger role than any of use realize. The same applies for our students. I imagine this quote when any student has worked so hard all year, and doesn't have much to show in terms of progress, and then one day just gets it. Everything before that point was what brought that child success. 


Anyways, obviously the Spurs won. So sorry for all you Mavs fans :)

 Y'all, it has been such a crazy week. Today was the 100th day of school. So proud of my kiddos for making it this far and for always striving to be their best. 

I want to tell you about my favorite activity from this week. It has nothing to do with the 100th day, but my kids came up with a great idea. This week in science, our focus has been on objects in the sky.  We always read It Looked Like Spilt Milk, and then create a cloud by pressing white paint between two sides of a piece of construction paper. They use their imaginations to figure out what it could look like. Our open house is only a few short weeks away, and I really want to display as much of their work as I can, but there's only so much wall space. We came up with an awesome idea to put out cloud creations on the ceiling tiles to have our very own sky in the room. How awesome, right?! I'm still trying to figure out how to get them up there without breaking my neck, but I can't wait to see them lay down on the rug to stare up at our sky. 
 With President's Day just around the corner, I wanted to make sure you all knew about my Land of the Free- U.S. Symbols pack. It's got 11 different activities for you to enhance your study on U.S. symbols. I can't wait to start using some of the activities next week in my classroom! Click on the picture to be taken to the listing. 


 My little booger, AKA my pooch Niko, had a bit of a tough night last night. He had two seizures after going over 5 months without seeing one. Although I have gotten used to it, and it doesn't freak me out or worry me nearly as much anymore, it still breaks my heart to see him go through them. He's been through a lot over the past year, but he never changes from being my sweet, snuggly dog child. I'm grateful that things are more under control than in the past, and that he is able to still run around and be his crazy self. 




I think I may have stumbled upon the greatest invention of all time. I kept seeing advertisements for this Tyme curling iron. It's a strange looking contraption, and I was a little skeptical. My hair just doesn't curl unless I use a curling wand, and I hate having to hold both arms out a million times per curling session. 


The curling iron is $190. I know, pretty pricey, but I decided to go ahead and give it a shot. I was so confused and frustrated the first time I tried it. There is a specific technique that you have to use, or your hair turns out all crazy. I tried it again the next night, and it was truly magical. It took me about 20 minutes to do, and I slept on it that night. Y'all, I only had to touch up a few very minor areas in the morning. I was shocked! If you have the chance and the $190 for purchase, I highly suggest you do it. I will never use another device again for curling purposes. I really wanted to show you a picture  of the final result, but I can't get the picture to download. Maybe next time! 

Happy Friday!






No comments:

Post a Comment