Friday, June 3, 2016

Five for Friday

I think this is my most favorite Five for Friday post of the entire year. I always love sharing the fun, random, exciting, and sometimes weird things that occur in my life. This one is the best because yesterday was my last day of school for the 2015-2016 school year. 

The day school ends is always the most exhausting day of the year. My district has us work until 7:30pm on the last day, so that we don't have to come back in the next day to pack up our rooms for the summer. On the one hand, it's nice getting it all out of the way, but it makes for a draining day. Fast forward to now. I have been vegging out all day re-watching OINTB and hanging out with my dog. It has been oh so fabulous, but as every teacher can attest to, I am already thinking about next year. Hopefully I can get myself to relax and enjoy the time off. 

My mom has been raving about the Steve Jobs book that she recently read. Every time I saw her during the weeks that she was reading it, she always made sure to tell me some interesting fact that she learned about him or Apple. I was really surprised to hear some of it and decided to pick up the book myself. Should be a good read to start off my summer reading list. 


 
 About a week ago, I received my Erin Condren teacher planner. Y'all. This thing is amazing. Just take a peak inside mine, and you'll be sold! Use the following link to get $10 off your purchase! https://www.erincondren.com/referral/invite/hollypittman1225 





To be honest, my quiet times have been virtually non-existent lately. It makes me feel pretty crummy. I decided to do the Crazy Love study by Francis Chan and also bought THE cutest journaling bible I've ever seen. It's sold by the Salty Biscuit through Etsy. I've seen a lot of adorable journaling bibles with watercolors and gorgeous handwriting all across the page, but that definitely is not for me. I want to see all the words on the page. I can't wait to break in the new items! 

I have been hard at work to start something on my TPT store that is a little terrifying, but awesome at the same time. I have always loved offering a variety of products in my store, but I hate to put out a product available in 20 colors, when not all of those colors are in demand. So, I've decided to offer the option of customizing certain products. I'm going to offer 13 different background/paper options and 5 font pairing options. Hoping it'll make things easier for both myself and the customer. 

Happy Friday! For those of you not quite done with school yet, stay strong. You'll be done soon!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Holly! New to Five for Friday and grateful to have stumbled upon your blog. Congratulations on another year done! For us in Australia, it's nearing the end of Term 2 (of 4)... Think of us ;) The teacher planner and the Bible journal both look great. I always end up not using my planner though! Hope you're able to get back into your quiet times soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two more weeks to go for me. Enjoy your summer! Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for customization! I bet that will be a big hit!

    ReplyDelete